KCH KERAMCHEMIE KERATEX GRUNDIERUNG
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Primer. The use of a quantity of material in an unventilated or confined space may result
in increased exposure and an irritating atmosphere developing.Before starting consider
control of exposure by mechanical ventilation.
Harmful if swallowed.
Possible risk of harm to the unborn child.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Harmful: danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure through
Irritating to eyes and skin.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. The liquid may produce gastrointestinal discomfort and may be harmful if swallowed. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain and vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The material may produce severe irritation to the eye causing pronounced inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. Open cuts, abraded or irritated skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing skin condition. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor and skin contact. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following.