JOHNSONS SUPER MILD SHAMPOO
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Irritating to eyes.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The liquid may produce eye discomfort causing smarting, pain and redness.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or skin irritation following contact (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. The liquid is not harmful to the skin when used as directed.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or irritation of the respiratory tract (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable control measures be used in an occupational setting. Not normally a hazard due to non-volatile nature of product.
There is some evidence that inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin/eye contact and accidental ingestion. The liquid may remove oils from the skin on prolonged or repeated contact.