|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
For the removal of oil, grease and dirt from engines.
degreaser, 1000207, 1000208
May cause CANCER.
May impair fertility.
May cause harm to the unborn child.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
Irritating to eyes and skin.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. If swallowed, the liquid can produce stomach upset, nausea, pain and vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs may cause chemical pneumonitis (inflammation of lungs) can follow which can cause death.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The liquid may produce mild eye discomfort.
Skin contact with the material may be harmful; systemic effects may resultfollowing absorption. This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. The liquid may produce skin discomfort following prolonged contact. Defatting and/or drying of the skin may lead to dermatitis. The material may cause severe skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin. Repeated exposures may produce severe ulceration.
The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress.
There is some evidence that inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population. There is ample evidence that this material can be regarded as being able to cause cancer in humans based on experiments and other information. Ample evidence exists from experimentation that reduced human fertility is directly caused by exposure to the material. Ample evidence exists, from results in experimentation, that developmental disorders are directly caused by human exposure to the material.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin contact/absorption and inhalation of vapor. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Human ingestion of kerosene results in rapid absorption from the gastro- intestinal tract, and systemic effects may include vomiting, diarrhoea, and in severe cases drowsiness and central nervous system depression, progressing to coma and death. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.