WATTYL REMOVALL 300
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Epoxy and polyurethane paint remover.
"paint stripper", "paint remover non-methylene chloride based coating", "epoxy
polyurethane paint remover"
Irritating to eyes.
Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The material may produce severe irritation to the eye causing pronounced inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
Skin contact with the material may be harmful; systemic effects may resultfollowing absorption. The material is not thought to be a skin irritant (as classified using animal models). Temporary discomfort, however, may result from prolonged dermal exposures. Good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
There is some evidence to suggest that this material, if inhaled, can irritate the throat and lungs of some persons. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Acute effects from inhalation of high vapor concentrations may be chest and nasal irritation with coughing, sneezing, headache and even nausea.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin contact/absorption and inhalation of vapor. Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause drying with cracking,irritation and possible dermatitis following. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.