WATTYL NEWPORT 88
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Apply by brush, hand roller or spray atomisation. Antifouling coating applied to prevent
marine growths on immersibles.
"anti fouling paint tin-free"
Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed.
Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long- term adverse effects in the
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. The liquid may produce gastrointestinal discomfort and may be harmful if swallowed. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain and vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The liquid may produce eye discomfort and is capable of causing temporary impairment of vision and/or transient eye inflammation, ulceration. The material may be irritating to the eye, with prolonged contact causing inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. The liquid may produce skin discomfort following prolonged contact. Defatting and/or drying of the skin may lead to dermatitis. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. Bare unprotected skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing skin condition. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
If inhaled, this material can irritate the throat andlungs of some persons. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death.
There has been concern that this material can cause cancer or mutations, but there is not enough data to make an assessment.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin contact/absorption and inhalation of vapor/spray mist. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.