WESTOX 50 STANDARD
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Injection fluid for chemical damp coursing in masonry and brickwork.
"injection fluid for chemical damp coursing in masonry and brickwork", Westoks, "Westocks
Irritating to skin.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
There is some evidence to suggest that this material can causeeye irritation and damage in some persons.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. The material may accentuate any pre-existing skin condition.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Inhalation of vapor is more likely at higher than normal temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin contact/absorption and inhalation of vapor. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.