K&H POLYLUSTRE 366
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Mould release agent. · Material is mixed and used in accordance with manufacturers
"mould release agent"
Irritating to skin.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments.
There is some evidence to suggest that this material can causeeye irritation and damage in some persons.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Acute effects from inhalation of high vapor concentrations may be chest and nasal irritation with coughing, sneezing, headache and even nausea. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor and skin contact. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS].