KODAK HYPO CLEARING AGENT
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Photographic chemical sufficient to prepare 25 litres of hypo clearing solution.
"Kodak Clearing Agent", "Clearing Agent", "photographic agent", "photographic clearing
agent", "Hypo photographic agent"
Harmful if swallowed.
Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
Irritating to respiratory system and skin.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments.
If applied to the eyes, this material causes severe eye damage.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions.
If inhaled, this material can irritate the throat andlungs of some persons. Although inhalation is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still produce health damage, especially where pre-existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally confined to doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill- health). Inhalation of vapor is more likely at higher than normal temperatures.
There is some evidence that inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Primary route of exposure is usually by skin contact and inhalation of generated dust. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice. Ingestion may result in nausea, abdominal irritation, pain and vomiting. One ingredient of the product has caused skin sensitization reactions, shown as localized reddening and hives, or may produce respiratory sensitization characterized by asthma- like symptoms and runny nose.