KODAK KODALITH LIQUID DEVELOPER PART A
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Developer used in conjunction with part B, as a prepared solution.
"KAN 448499", KAN448499, "PCD 5469", PCD5469, "processing solution"
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
May cause SENSITIZATION by skin contact.
Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect.
Possible risk of irreversible effects.
Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
Toxic to aquatic organisms.
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects through inhalation, in contact
with skin and if swallowed.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments.
If applied to the eyes, this material causes severe eye damage. The liquid may produce eye discomfort causing smarting, pain and redness. The material may be irritating to the eye, with prolonged contact causing inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
Skin contact with the material may be harmful; systemic effects may resultfollowing absorption. The material is not thought to be a skin irritant (as classified using animal models). Temporary discomfort, however, may result from prolonged dermal exposures. Good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Not normally a hazard due to non-volatile nature of product.
There has been concern that this material can cause cancer or mutations, but there is not enough data to make an assessment. Skin contact with the material is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Primary route of exposure is usually by. skin contact/absorption. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.