KODAK FILM CLEANER*********OBSOLETE***********************
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Solvent for paint and ink resins where low volatility is acceptable. Used as a cleaning
solvent, barbecue lighting fuel.
"high flash cleaning solvent Exxsol D 60 aliphatic hydrocarbon", "barbecue lighting fuel"
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
There is some evidence to suggest that this material can causeeye irritation and damage in some persons. The liquid may produce eye discomfort and is capable of causing temporary impairment of vision and/or transient eye inflammation, ulceration.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or skin irritation following contact (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. Open cuts, abraded or irritated skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing dermatitis condition.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or irritation of the respiratory tract (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable control measures be used in an occupational setting. Inhalation of vapor is more likely at higher than normal temperatures. Acute effects from inhalation of high vapor concentrations may be chest and nasal irritation with coughing, sneezing, headache and even nausea. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death. Inhalation of vapor may aggravate a pre-existing respiratory condition such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema.
Principal routes of exposure are by accidental skin and eye contact and by inhalation of vapors especially at higher temperatures. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following.