KODAK DK-50 DEVELOPER, PART A
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Developer for use in film processing.
"Kodak Developer DK-50, Part A", "Developer DK-50, Part A"
Harmful if swallowed.
Irritating to skin.
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
May cause SENSITIZATION by skin contact.
Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect.
Possible risk of irreversible effects.
Harmful: danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure if swallowed.
Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long- term adverse effects in the
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, abdominal irritation, pain and vomiting.
If applied to the eyes, this material causes severe eye damage.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. The material may cause severe skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin. Repeated exposures may produce severe ulceration.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress.
There has been concern that this material can cause cancer or mutations, but there is not enough data to make an assessment. Skin contact with the material is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of generated dust and skin contact with the material. One ingredient of the product has caused skin sensitization reactions, shown as localized reddening and hives, or may produce respiratory sensitization characterized by asthma- like symptoms and runny nose.