KODAK VERSAMAT 885 DEVELOPER REPLENISHER PART A
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. If inhaled, this material can irritate the throat andlungs of some persons.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of generated dust and skin contact. Ingestion of large doses leads to the release of sulfur dioxide in the stomach which can cause gastric irritation, vomiting, colic, diarrhoea, collapse, depression of the central nervous system and possible death. Some individuals are reported to be sensitive to minute amounts of sulfites. Symptoms include flushing and tingling sensation.