KODAK FLEXICOLOR PROCESSING KIT FIXER CONCENTRATE
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Fixer concentrate of a professional colour film photographic processing solution.
"professional colour film photographic processing solution", 415-5297, PCD-3587,
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Large doses of ammonia or injected ammonium salts may produce diarrhea and may be sufficiently absorbed to produce increased production of urine and systemic poisoning. Symptoms include weakening of facial muscle, tremor, anxiety, reduced muscle and limb control. Thiosulfate salts are poorly absorbed and stimulate the emptying of thebowel.
Although the material is not thought to be an irritant, direct contact with the eye may produce transient discomfort characterized by tearing or conjunctival redness (as with windburn).
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or skin irritation following contact (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. Open cuts, abraded or irritated skin should not be exposed to this material.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or irritation of the respiratory tract (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable control measures be used in an occupational setting. Not normally a hazard due to non-volatile nature of product.
There is some evidence that inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin contact and inhalation of vapor/spray mist. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.