JOHNSON WAX RED JUICE STAIN REMOVER
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
The material can produce chemical burns within the oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract following ingestion. Swallowing of the liquid may cause aspiration into the lungs with the risk of chemical pneumonitis; serious consequences may result. (ICSC13733). Accidental ingestion of the material may be damaging to the health of the individual. Ingestion of alkyl ethers may produce stupor, blurred vision, headache, dizziness and irritation of the nose and throat. Respiratory distress and asphyxia may result.
The material can produce chemical burns to the eye following direct contact. Vapors or mists may be extremely irritating. There is some evidence to suggest that this material can causeeye irritation and damage in some persons. Direct eye contact with some anionic surfactants in high concentration can cause severe damage to the cornea. Low concentrations can cause discomfort, excess blood flow, and corneal clouding and swelling. Recovery may take several days.
The material can produce chemical burns following direct contactwith the skin. There is some evidence to suggest that this material can cause inflammation of the skin on contact in some persons. Anionic surfactants can cause skin redness and pain, as well as a rash. Cracking, scaling and blistering can occur. Entry into the blood-stream, through, for example, cuts, abrasions or lesions, may produce systemic injury with harmful effects. Examine the skin prior to the use of the material and ensure that any external damage is suitably protected.
If inhaled, this material can irritate the throat andlungs of some persons. The material is not thought to produce either adverse health effects or irritation of the respiratory tract following inhalation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, adverse effects have been produced following exposure of animals by at least one other route and good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable control measures be used in an occupational setting. Not normally a hazard due to non-volatile nature of product.
Limited evidence suggests that repeated or long-term occupational exposure may produce cumulative health effects involving organs or biochemical systems. There is some evidence that inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population. There is limited evidence that, skin contact with this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population. Exposure to Sulfonates can cause an imbalance in cellular salts and therefore cellular function. Airborne sulfonates may be responsible for respiratory allergies and, in some instances, minor dermal allergies. Chronic exposure to alkyl ethers may result in loss of appetite, excessivethirst, fatigue, and weight loss.