WATTYL GRAFFITI STRIPPER
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Used as a graffiti coating stripper. Apply by brush, hand roller or spray atomisation.
"graffiti coating stripper"
Irritating to eyes.
May cause SENSITIZATION by skin contact.
Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long- term adverse effects in the aquatic
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The material may produce severe irritation to the eye causing pronounced inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
Skin contact with the material may be harmful; systemic effects may resultfollowing absorption. The material is not thought to be a skin irritant (as classified using animal models). Temporary discomfort, however, may result from prolonged dermal exposures. Good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
There is some evidence to suggest that this material, if inhaled, can irritate the throat and lungs of some persons. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death.
Skin contact with the material is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor and skin contact. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice. One ingredient of the product has caused skin sensitization reactions, shown as localized reddening and hives, or may produce respiratory sensitization characterized by asthma- like symptoms and runny nose.