WATTYL SILKWOOD PART B
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Part B or catalyst additive for use with interior timber finishes. Requires that the two
parts be mixed by hand or mixer before use, in accordance with manufacturers directions.
Mix only as much as is required. Do not return the mixed material to the original
containers. The use of a quantity of material in an unventilated or confined space may
result in increased exposure and an irritating atmosphere developing.Before starting
consider control of exposure by mechanical ventilation. CORROSIVE.
"acidic lacquer timber finish acid catalyst accelerator hardener"
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed.
Irritating to respiratory system and skin.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
If applied to the eyes, this material causes severe eye damage. The material may produce severe irritation to the eye causing pronounced inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. Exposure limits with "skin" notation indicate that vapor and liquid may be absorbed through intact skin. Absorption by skin may readily exceed vapor inhalation exposure. Symptoms for skin absorption are the same as for inhalation. Contact with eyes and mucous membranes may also contribute to overall exposure and may also invalidate the exposure standard. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. Bare unprotected skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing dermatitis condition. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
If inhaled, this material can irritate the throat andlungs of some persons. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death. Inhalation of vapor may aggravate a pre-existing respiratory condition such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema.
The material is considered to be harmful by all exposure routes. Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor/spray mist, inhalation of vapor and skin contact with the material. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.