WATTYL CRYSTALAC CATALYST PART B
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Requires that the two parts be mixed by hand or mixer before use, in accordance with
manufacturers directions. Mix only as much as is required. Do not return the mixed
material to the original containers. Application is usually by spray atomisation in a
ventilated spray booth, after viscosity reduction with thinner. The use of a quantity of
material in an unventilated or confined space may result in increased exposure and an
irritating atmosphere developing.Before starting consider control of exposure by
mechanical ventilation. Part B acid component of a two- pack, solvent based interior
"clear catalyst accelerator hardener curing agent furniture coating"
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed.
Irritating to respiratory system and skin.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. The material is considered to be harmful by all exposure routes. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, pain, vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration may cause potentially lethal chemical pneumonitis.
If applied to the eyes, this material causes severe eye damage. The liquid produces a high level of eye discomfort and is capable of causing pain and severe conjunctivitis. Corneal injury may develop, with possible permanent impairment of vision, if not promptly and adequately treated. The material may produce severe irritation to the eye causing pronounced inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Skin contact is not thought to have harmful health effects, however the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. Bare unprotected skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing dermatitis condition. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
If inhaled, this material can irritate the throat andlungs of some persons. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death. Inhalation of vapor may aggravate a pre-existing respiratory condition such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema. The material may produce respiratory tract irritation, and result in damage to the lung including reduced lung function.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor/spray mist, inhalation of vapor and skin contact with the material. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.