VALSPAR WATERBASED VARNISH
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Water based varnish for metal containers. Application is by roller coater; either sheet
fed or coil fed. Coating is baked / cured in a ventilated conveyor oven.
"water-based varnish", "metal containers"
Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
Irritating to eyes and skin.
Accidental ingestion of the material may be harmful; animal experiments indicate that ingestion of less than 150 gram may be fatal or may produce serious damage to the health of the individual. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The liquid may produce eye discomfort and is capable of causing temporary impairment of vision and/or transient eye inflammation, ulceration. The material may produce severe irritation to the eye causing pronounced inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
Skin contact with the material may be harmful; systemic effects may resultfollowing absorption. This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. Bare unprotected skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing skin condition. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death.
Principal routes of exposure are by accidental skin and eye contact and by inhalation of vapors especially at higher temperatures. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.