YOKOHAMA HAMATITE PRIMER M(M-300)
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Polyurethane adhesion primer for paint. The use of a quantity of material in an
unventilated or confined space may result in increased exposure and an irritating
atmosphere developing.Before starting consider control of exposure by mechanical
"polyurethane urethane isocyanate"
Irritating to eyes.
May cause SENSITIZATION by inhalation.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness and cracking.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Not a likely route of entry into the body in commercial or industrial environments. The liquid may produce considerable gastrointestinal discomfort and be harmful or toxic if swallowed. Ingestion may cause nausea, pain and vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration can cause inflammation of the lungs, which can lead to death.
This material can cause eye irritation and damage in some persons. The liquid produces a high level of eye discomfort and is capable of causing pain and severe conjunctivitis. Corneal injury may develop, with possible permanent impairment of vision, if not promptly and adequately treated. The material may be irritating to the eye, with prolonged contact causing inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
Skin contact with the material may damage the health of the individual; systemic effects may result following absorption. The material is not thought to be a skin irritant (as classified using animal models). Temporary discomfort, however, may result from prolonged dermal exposures. Good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. The material may accentuate any pre-existing skin condition. Bare unprotected skin should not be exposed to this material. Sensitization may result in allergic dermatitis responses includingrash, itching, hives or swelling of extremities.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Persons with a history of asthma or other respiratory problems or are known to be sensitised, should not be engaged in any work involving the handling of isocyanates. [CCTRADE-Bayer, APMF]. Respiratory sensitization may result in allergic/asthma like responses; from coughing and minor breathing difficulties to bronchitis with wheezing, gasping. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death. Inhalation of vapor may aggravate a pre-existing respiratory condition such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema.
Inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor, inhalation of vapor from the curing material and skin contact with the material. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Sensitization may give severe responses to very low levels of exposure, i.e. hypersensitivity. Sensitized persons should not be allowed to work in situations where exposure may occur. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.