|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Corrosion preventive. Applied by spraying, dipping or brushing.
"metal corrosion inhibitor"
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments.
There is some evidence to suggest that this material can causeeye irritation and damage in some persons.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or skin irritation following contact (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting.
Inhalation may produce health damage*. There is some evidence to suggest that this material, if inhaled, can irritate the throat and lungs of some persons. Inhalation of vapor is more likely at higher than normal temperatures. Inhalation of high concentrations of gas/vapor causes lung irritation with coughing and nausea, central nervous depression with headache and dizziness, slowing of reflexes, fatigue and inco-ordination.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor and skin contact/eye contact with the material. Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause drying with cracking,irritation and possible dermatitis following. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.