KEMBLA LARGE DIAM KEMLAG
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Blow extrusion moulding of molten polymer mix to form a continuous insulation covering on
large diameter copper water pipe.
"Kem Lag green low density LDPE Polyethylene pellets extrusion", "pipe insulation
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Considered an unlikely route of entry in commercial/industrial environments. Ingestion may result in nausea, abdominal irritation, pain and vomiting.
Although the material is not thought to be an irritant, direct contact with the eye may produce transient discomfort characterized by tearing or conjunctival redness (as with windburn).
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or skin irritation following contact (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable gloves be used in an occupational setting.
The material is not thought to produce adverse health effects or irritation of the respiratory tract (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless, good hygiene practice requires that exposure be kept to a minimum and that suitable control measures be used in an occupational setting. Not normally a hazard due to non-volatile nature of product. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Inhalation of vapor may result in nausea, headache. Processing for an overly long time or processing at overly high temperatures may cause generation and release of highly irritating vapors, which irritate eyes, nose, throat, causing red itching eyes, coughing, sore throat.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by skin contact with the molten material and inhalation of fumes from the heated material. As with any chemical product, contact with unprotected bare skin; inhalation of vapor, mist or dust in work place atmosphere; or ingestion in any form, should be avoided by observing good occupational work practice.