JOTUN COPON WHITE EA 9 RESIN COMPONENT
|SCALE: Min/Nil=0 Low=1 Moderate=2 High=3 Extreme=4|
Base or Part A of a 2 pack epoxy coating system. Requires that the two parts be mixed by
hand or mixer before use, in accordance with manufacturers directions. Mix only as much as
is required. Do not return the mixed material to the original containers. Apply by brush,
hand roller or spray atomisation.
"Copon EA 9 white epoxy resin component base Part A"
Harmful by inhalation.
Irritating to skin.
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
May cause SENSITIZATION by skin contact.
Possible risk of harm to the unborn child.
HARMFUL - May cause lung damage if swallowed.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause long- term adverse effects in the
Although ingestion is not thought to produce harmful effects, the material may still be damaging to the health of the individual following ingestion, especially where pre- existing organ (e.g. liver, kidney) damage is evident. Present definitions of harmful or toxic substances are generally based on doses producing mortality (death) rather than those producing morbidity (disease, ill-health). Gastrointestinal tract discomfort may produce nausea and vomiting. In an occupational setting however, ingestion of insignificant quantities is not thought to be cause for concern. Not a likely route of entry into the body in commercial or industrial environments. The liquid may produce considerable gastrointestinal discomfort and be harmful or toxic if swallowed. Ingestion may cause nausea, pain and vomiting. Vomit entering the lungs by aspiration can cause inflammation of the lungs, which can lead to death.
If applied to the eyes, this material causes severe eye damage. The liquid produces a high level of eye discomfort and is capable of causing pain and severe conjunctivitis. Corneal injury may develop, with possible permanent impairment of vision, if not promptly and adequately treated. The material may produce moderate eye irritation leading to inflammation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to irritants may produce conjunctivitis.
Skin contact with the material may damage the health of the individual; systemic effects may result following absorption. This material can cause inflammation of the skin oncontact in some persons. Toxic effects may result from skin absorption. Exposure limits with "skin" notation indicate that vapor and liquid may be absorbed through intact skin. Absorption by skin may readily exceed vapor inhalation exposure. Symptoms for skin absorption are the same as for inhalation. Contact with eyes and mucous membranes may also contribute to overall exposure and may also invalidate the exposure standard. Epoxy materials may cause allergic and/or contact dermatitis responses, which may occur on exposure or may become apparent only after repeated exposures. Sensitization is possible. Photoallergic dermatitis may result from contact with the material. This type of response can be elicited only in individuals who have been previously allergically sensitized to the chemical agent and appropriate radiation. Photoallergic dermatitis presents, clinically, as an eczematous dermatitis in sun-exposed areas. Sensitization may result in allergic dermatitis responses includingrash, itching, hives or swelling of extremities. Sensitization reactions may appear suddenly after repeatedsymptom free exposures. Bare unprotected skin should not be exposed to this material. The material may accentuate any pre-existing skin condition. The material may cause skin irritation after prolonged or repeated exposure and may produce on contact skin redness, swelling, the production of vesicles, scaling and thickening of the skin.
The material is not thought to produce respiratory irritation (as classified using animal models). Nevertheless inhalation of the material, especially for prolonged periods, may produce respiratory discomfort and occasionally, distress. Inhalation hazard is increased at higher temperatures. Acute effects from inhalation of high vapor concentrations may be chest and nasal irritation with coughing, sneezing, headache and even nausea. If exposure to highly concentrated solvent atmosphere is prolonged this may lead to narcosis, unconsciousness, even coma and possible death. Inhalation of vapor may aggravate a pre-existing respiratory condition.
Skin contact with the material is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
Principal routes of exposure are usually by inhalation of vapor/spray mist and skin contact with the material. Chronic solvent inhalation exposures may result in nervous system impairment and liver and blood changes. [PATTYS]. Sensitization may give severe responses to very low levels of exposure, i.e. hypersensitivity. Sensitized persons should not be allowed to work in situations where exposure may occur. Prolonged or continuous skin contact with the liquid may cause defatting with drying, cracking, irritation and dermatitis following.